December 12, 2017
Work at the Orange County Fair!
Applications (STD. Form 678) for both positions are available from the Orange County Fair and will be accepted by mail, facsimile or express mail.
OC Fair & Event Center Administration Building
88 Fair Drive Costa Mesa, CA 92626
Tel: (714) 708-1563, FAX (714) 708-1936
Please complete the Application on a computer or print in ink. All questions must be answered completely and accurately, except as noted. Only Application STD 678 will be accepted. Application (STD 678) is available at https://jobs.ca.gov/pdf/std678.pdf
Exempt/Non-Exempt Status: Exempt
Reports to: Director, Exhibits & Education
Supervises: Volunteer Docents, PT Administrative Staff, PT Exhibit Curator
Salary range: $4,705.00 – $5,845.00 per month, plus 15% recruitment and retention differential
Under direction, serves as a member of the District’s operations management team to supervise the operations of Heroes Hall museum and education center, and plan, develop and execute community education programs to promote Heroes Hall and veterans interests.
– Working within an established budget, oversee the operations of the Heroes Hall museum and community center and develop exhibits and programming that engages the public in understanding veterans’ stories and interests.
– Oversee the work of a curator who will develop rotating exhibitions and/or acquire traveling and loaned exhibits.
– Promote Heroes Hall and OC Fair & Event Center in the community by developing positive and productive relationships with veterans groups, educational partners and community leaders.
Exempt/Non-Exempt Status: Exempt
Reports to: Facilities Director
Salary range: $4,705.00 – $5,845.00, plus 15% recruitment and retention
Under general direction, organizes, monitors and supervises the operations of the landscaping within the Facilities Department; performs a variety of technical tasks relative to landscaping maintenance and operations of our fairgrounds in support of the OC Fair & Event Center’s mission statement.
– Plan, prioritize and assign daily tasks of staff responsible for landscape maintenance operations, to ensure that the facility is being well maintained and to inform the supervisors where employees are stationed by using the landscape quadrant map and job board.
– Establish schedules and methods for providing landscape maintenance services such as using Excel for scheduling and out sourcing soils testing under the direction of the Facility Director.
– Participate in the development of goals (e.g. SMART goals) and objectives to ensure the Landscape Department is up-to-date with current guidelines (e.g. Occupational Safety and Health Administration) in accordance to the OC Fair & Event Center’s workplace policies.
– Participate in the implementation of approved policies and procedures to ensure that staff is working safely and respectfully with other employees in accordance to the OC Fair & Event Center’s workplace policies (e.g., employee manual, OSHA regulations).
– Participate in the recruitment of staff through job advertising, word of mouth, and internet searching to build a strong, stable and well-rounded department under the direction of the Facility Manager.
– Provide and coordinate staff training (e.g., online classes, OSHA training, lawn care maintenance, guest speakers) to build a safe, stable and well-rounded department under the direction of the Facility Director.
– Coach employees to correct performance, in a respectful manner, and document the performance/coaching sessions in order to escalate the issue to the Human Resources Department if needed.
– Implement disciplinary procedures (e.g., tardiness to work, not performing job assigned duties or tasks) under the direction of the Facility director, as needed.
Interested in working for CFSA?
Although there are no current job openings, we are always interested in hearing from people interested in working at CFSA. If you have a resume, please email it along with a cover letter describing the position you’re looking for to: Kevin Wright, email@example.com.