Take a Look at CFSA’s Services A to Z
California Fair Services Authority (CFSA) was initially created in 1986 to provide California’s fairs with affordable general liability and workers’ compensation insurance coverage.
In years since, in response to the fairs’ growing needs, we’ve added protection programs including Special Events, Hazardous Special Events and Revenue Protection programs.
The scope of our Risk Control program now includes comprehensive workplace safety training, equipment certifications, facility inspections and consultations, program development, and customized safety plans that that meet the specific needs of your fairground’s staff and layout. CFSA’s Risk Control specialists can also help you with the occupational workplace health and safety requirements of Cal/OSHA and the state of California.
If your fairground could use some help in the admin office, CFSA provides business support services ranging from purchasing services to payroll and general accounting assistance. We also provide strategic planning and director development opportunities!
And there’s more! In 2011, CFSA’s board of directors voted unanimously to provide administrative services to California Fairs Financing Authority (CFFA), formerly known as the California Construction Authority (CCA). CFFA currently operates from within CFSA’s Construction Department. CFFA operates under its joint powers agreement and, most importantly, is available to help California fairs with planning, design, bidding, contract management, construction management and project close-out services on a fee-for-service basis.
In recent years, as the fairs’ needs continue to change and grow, CFSA has developed a more active support role within the fair industry as well as a more involved partnership with the Western Fairs Association, the California Fairs Alliance, and the staff at the Division of Fairs & Expositions. You can learn more about CFSA’s long-term goals here.
CFSA offers its members:
- General Liability
- Workers’ Compensation
- Participants’ Liability
- Special Events Liability
- Hazardous Special Events Liability
- Revenue Protection
- Optional Property Insurance Program, including Boiler and Machinery Liability
- Directors and Officers Liability
- Employment Practices Liability
- 501(c) (3) Nonprofit Corporation Liability
- Additional liability programs:
- higher general liability coverage limits
- vehicle liability
- automobile physical damage
- crime insurance, including employee dishonesty
- personal property
Risk Management and Insurance Assistance
- Coverages designed for California fair business and operating needs
- Optional coverages tailored to meet individual fair needs
- In-house claims administration
Risk Control Services
- Facility inspections
- Fairtime facility consulting
- State-mandated safety training
- Forklift, boom lift and First Aid certification
- Personalized program development
- Group purchasing
- Loan Program
- Accounting, Payroll and Benefit services
- Strategic Planning
- Board of director consulting/training
- Planning and design
- Project bidding
- Contract management
- Construction management
- Project close-outs